Celebrating 100 years of Public High School Education in Dubbo
21/04/2017 - 24/04/2017 (See events for Times)
- Enter details
- Bindyi Club
- See Event Details for Venues
- Dubbo NSW 2830
- Contact person:
- Jill Mccann
- 02 66854698
Your security is important to us. These pages are hosted on secure servers which encrypt all sensitive data.
We accept the following payment methods:
Please Note "Registration is not required if you are only attending the Musical Presentation or purchasing the Commemorative Book"
Friday 21st April 2017
- 12 noon - 5 pm: Registration at Western Plains Cultural Centre (the former Dubbo High School, Wingewarra St)
- 6pm-8.30pm: Official Launch of the Centenary and of the Centenary publication, “Milestones and Memories” at the WPCC – Drink on arrival and light refreshments served *
Saturday 22nd April 2017
- 9 am - 11 am: Registration continues at Western Plains Centre
- 11 am: Luncheon registration opens
- 11.30 am for 12.30pm start: Official lunch at Dubbo Regional Theatre & Convention Centre *
- 3 pm: Activities and displays at three College campuses – Senior Campus, South Campus and Delroy Campus
- 7 pm: Gathering from all years and all schools at Dubbo RSL Club (Registration is essential for entry)
Sunday 23rd April 2017
- 8.00 am Church Service at Holy Trinity Anglican Church, Brisbane St, Dubbo
- 11.00am Service at the Cenotaph in Victoria Park to honour former and present servicemen and women, including Rawdon Middleton V.C.
- 2.00pm Music/Drama performance celebrating the performing arts and featuring past and present students at Dubbo Regional Theatre and Convention Centre *
Monday 24th April 2017
- 9-12 pm: Family gatherings at Elston Park
Items marked * are ticketed events requiring payment
Places of interest to visit - Taronga Western Plains Zoo, Tracker Riley Park, Dundullimal Homestead, Old Dubbo Gaol, Japanese Gardens and Botanic Gardens to name a few.
Note: The Western Plains Cultural Centre occupies the original Dubbo High School building in Wingewarra St Dubbo.
The Bindyi Club is a club for ex-students of Dubbo High School & Dubbo College. It was formed in 1986 when a group of ex-students, led by Frank Heather, agreed to hold an annual lunch in Sydney on the second Saturday in March. In recent years lunches have also been held in Dubbo and Canberra.
Bindyi Club website - https://www.bindyi.com